Together, let's make travel more authentic
If you crave colourful cultures, meaningful conversations, authentic experiences and good times, then you’re a Localoid.
We're a community of travellers and locals who help each other online and in person, by practicing a language together, and by sharing local advice, skills, knowledge and experiences.
Our aim is simple: To unite global citizens, create international friendships and ultimately, a global neighbourhood.
How Localoids can help you
- Get to know the locals and discover their lifestyleGrab some bikes and see for yourself what it means to be a real Amsterdammer with a local.
- Let the locals show you their city for a more authentic experienceGet an espresso or "un demi" with Parisians at their favourite cafe.
- Help them with your skills or maybe stay with a localKnow everything about vintage fashion or can you teach a few things about photography? Share it!
- Meet interesting travellers and discover their culturePassionate about electronic music? Meet like-minded travellers from Berlin.
- Practice a second language with a travellerTime to put your English, French, Spanish, German or other language lessons to good use.
- Learn from them, put their skills to useWant to know more about Catalan cuisine? Why not ask a traveller to show you a recipe?
Become a Localoid
So, you wanna be a part of this global movement?
Register now as a Localoid and you’ll be able to find locals to meet up with when you travel, or connect with travellers who are coming to your city so you can show them around (and learn a thing or two from them too).
So what are you waiting for? Join us now and make the world a little bit smaller!
While Localoids is still in beta it's totally free! But later in the year (once the full version is live) you'll need to be a paying member to contact other Localoids. This is to make it safer by ensuring our members are real people, and also to help us keep improving the site for you. We'll keep the cost low (probably GBP/EUR 1-3 per month), but we'll keep you posted. For now, come on in (no credit card needed) and take a look around!